Hairstylist APPLY NOW
We are looking for a talented Hairstylist who has a passion for coloring, cutting, styling, hair extension and hair replacement. This position requires a hairdresser who wants to expand their expertise and be a platform artist. Their main duties include consulting with and advising clients, and delivering good-looking, successful end results. We provide amazing training and development, commission on retail, and creative opportunities at shoots and shows.
Hair Stylist duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of a Hair Stylist encompass many different aspects that range from customer service to technical expertise to product knowledge.
- Welcoming customers and ensuring they are comfortable.
- Advising clients on suitable cuts, colors, and treatments.
- Recommending suitable hair products, including hair extensions and hair replacement products.
- Washing, conditioning, cutting, coloring, and styling hair.
- Staying up to date with the latest trends, hairstyles, and products.
- Cleaning working stations and sanitizing equipment throughout the day.
- Working with a variety of equipment like straighteners, clippers, and hot brushes.
- Meeting with suppliers and ordering new stock as needed.
- Providing scalp and hair treatments.
- Describing and promoting retail hair care products.
- Establishing positive relationships with customers, leading to regular visits.
- Maintaining The Salon’s reputation for excellent customer service.
- Maximizing revenue by cross-selling hair products and services to customers.
- Adhere to salon policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 1 year of experience.
- Licensing or Certification from a cosmetology school.
- Strong knowledge of beginner, intermediate, or advanced haircutting techniques.
- Clear verbal communication.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates creativity.
- Experience in the hair replacement industry is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in hair extensions techniques is desirable but not essential.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a retail salon.